Cycling Related Video's

Loading...

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Beaut' Ute


I found a nice alternative cargo bike blog http://bikehugger.com/2008/01/kona_ute_rock_solid_cargo_bike.htm the other day and on it details of the Kona Ute. The write up on the blog is linked above and far superior to my efforts (the guy has actually ridden one!) so I'll just mention that the Ute has a low (17.5") frame but with tall 700c wheels with 16 speed Shimano Deore gears and is available at wiggle for around £635, Tredz at £589.99 and Cyclestore for £539.91 in their January sale. Other dealers, as they say, are available. Worth pointing out that some 2008 models are out there at very keen prices.
The point of the Ute is that it carries four standard panniers. I can't see why it couldn't also be fitted with a front rack and a trailer for a real "road train" of a bike.
Finally I found a nice little american critique of the Ute here and Kona's (UK) web-site is here.

No comments:

Google