Cycling Related Video's

Loading...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mission, Kentex & Cycles UK




Shopping in Norwich with my wife yesterday I photographed this trike chained to a sign post in London Street. (The trike was chained up, not me!). It seems a waste that such a great advertising medium is not touring the city, but instead being kept in captivity.

It's advertising the location of the Norwich branch of CyclesUK which is inside the Pilch sports shop a few yards down the Street and is a joint enterprise between Pilch and the nearby Jarrold's department store.

I noticed a Kentex.com.tw transfer on the the frame but all that I gleaned from this site was a Taiwan email address and a picture which struck me as identical to a trike sold by Mission which I wrote up in a piece entitled "Dog On A Mission" on 18th December '08. Sadly Mission no longer have this on their website but at the time I found it carried 45KG and had Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub gears. A search through The CyclesUK website revealed that they do not sell this make of trike. If any OLV reader knows of a current Kentex dealer in the UK then I would be very grateful to hear about it.

As this is my first post in 2010 I wish a happy and prosperous year to all OLV readers and contributors. My new Year's resolution was to not make any new year's resolutions but I promise to be a bit more productive in postings than during the last six months!

No comments:

Google